- Safety, privacy-your home is your own little corner of the world. It is also a stronghold against inflation, because if prices go up, so does the value of your home.
- With each monthly payment you own more and more of your home. With every improvement you add to the investment value.
- The dollars you put in to your mortgage are invested in a way that will keep pace with inflation.
- By owning a home you establish financial credibility. The equity you accumulate can be a source of investment funds.
- Real estate taxes and the interest on your mortgage loan or loan contract are deductible from your income tax.
- You can build your personal financial program around your ownership of a home.